Friday, September 12, 2008

Poem

I'm not sure who wrote this, but a friend of mine shared it with me:


A Baby’s Secret

I’m just a little fella
Who didn’t make it there
I went straight to be with Jesus
But I’m waiting for you here.

Don’t fret about me mommy,
I’m of all Gods lambs most blest
I’d have loved to stay there with you,
But the shepherd knows what’s best.

Many dwelling here where I live,
Waited years to enter in:
Struggled through a world of sorrow
And their lives were marred with sin.

So sweet Mommy don’t you sorrow,
Wipe those tears and chase the gloom,
I went straight to Jesus bosom
From my lovely mother’s womb.

Thank you for the life you gave me,
It was brief, but don’t complain;
I had all of heaven’s glory
Suffered none of earthlings’ pain.

Thank you for the name you gave me.
I’d have loved to brought it fame,
But if I’d lingered in earth’s shadows
Might instead have brought it shame.

I’ll be waiting for you Mommy ---
You and Daddy, and you too sis ---
I’ll be with you then forever ---
Then we’ll enjoy heaven’s bliss.

No comments: